I splurged on a bay leaf garland. It was beautiful and smelled so good; I couldn't resist. I figured it could be part of our Thanksgiving centerpiece and then a garland in the house. Using it for two holidays made it worth it. Unfortunately, it dried out so quick! Enter back up plan: make two wreaths out of one garland. Of course I needed a few more "ingredients": one mixed green swag, pine cones and moss. That was lovely and all but it needed a little more texture. I raided my hens and chicks, wired each one and attached it to the wreath. I liked it but it needed more. On my afternoon walk with the baby and the dog I collected some berries, more evergreens and boxwood. A quick stop at the flower shop for a stem of seeded eucalyptus and a red branchy stem. Viola, my two wreaths were finished! You can click on the pictures below to see the progression. It goes together really simply with wire and a little hot glue.